Saturday, October 10, 2015

Family Traditions that I Love!

This past summer I went to a family reunion. It was my mothers side of the family, that gathers together about every four years for these reunions. During the three days we are gathered together we play games, eat food, and have a family raffle. I've attended these family reunions since I was a child, its something that is really important and traditional that we do.
On my Dad's side we always gather together on Sundays and holidays to just hangout with the family. When we gather together we just spend quality time with each other at my Grandma's house.
Every Halloween my Dad makes his homemade chili and every thanksgiving my mom makes her homemade cornbread (bread shaped like a big ear of corn). But my favorite food tradition of all is when my parents work together to make dutch oven chicken and pioneer potatoes.
We have this meal for any and every occasion so we end up making it like 500 times a year. But I still love it.

These are traditions that my parents raised my family on. They brought these traditions from there own families and integrated them into their family they created together. I really cherish the memories that come from family gatherings, family food and family quality time. All of this traditions and many more I will most definitely pass on to my future family. I loved seeing how my parents worked together to make this traditions were really special and important to the growth of my family.



No comments:

Post a Comment