Saturday, October 3, 2015

Just Noodles and Butter

One day I was making noodles in my apartment kitchen when my roommate walked in and sat down at the table. When the noodles finished cooking, I scooped some into a bowl and placed a slice of butter on them. As I was stirring my noodles and butter I felt eyes watching me. Looking up at my roommate I saw that she was puzzled at my choice of a meal. "What?" I asked as I prodded some noodles with my fork and placed them in my mouth. "Noodles and butter? just butter?..." She asked in a confused manner. "That is so weird." she said looking at me with amusement. This is totally normal for my family, I thought. From then on I started noticing things I did that may be weird to others, and all those thing I could trace back to my family and their habits. Not only did I notice my little corks but all of my roommates and friends little corks.
I love spotting these harmless habits in myself and others because it just shows how we all came from a family that has their own trademarks. Also, knowing this, it helps me to be more understanding and loving towards others. I believe that people are good and we have good intentions and desires in our hearts that others sometimes don't notice. When we see the good in others, in their families, or the places they came from we can also start to love them more like Christ does.

No comments:

Post a Comment